Here are some resources for you to learn more about caring for older adults and related issues.
Check out our YouTube playlist of informational videos that cover conversations with the elderly, regulations and other issues.
- The Sunrise Podcast, TheSeniorCaregiver.com, has tips on caring for the elderly.
Organizations To Help Seniors
- Senior Planet - technology programs, courses and exercise online for seniors
- Peninsula Family Service - has Older Adult Services to help seniors over 60 stay connected and well
- Senior Care Helper - has a blog with many useful links and resources for both caregivers and seniors
- Senior Guidance - a website that helps you find assisted living facilities
- Nursing Home Abuse Justice - tells you about elder abuse and what you can do about Nursing Home Neglect - you can also contact the Long Term Care Ombudsman in your county or state
- Centers for Disease Control
- State of California COVID-19 information
- California Department of Social Services licenses Assisted Living facilities
- California Department of Public Health licenses Skilled Nursing Facilities
- California Department of Aging
- County Health Sites
- California's 65-and-older population is projected to grow to 8.6 million people by 2030 (Source: State of California 2020)